Aleppo Style Lamb Sausage Rolls
January 10 2020·
January 10 2020·
Simple, quick and delicious. Perfect for lunch, a snack, an entrée or dinner itself. Lakey Farm Ryeland Lamb "Soujok Roulo"—Aleppo Style Sausage Rolls. This is a modified recipe from 'Saha' by Greg Malouf.
You will need:
- 5 Sheets of Mountain Bread
500g Lakey Farm Ryeland lamb mince
Purchase our lamb online as a part of our monthly meat parcels, or as a single product at one of our farmers' market appearances
- 2 Cloves of garlic (minced or finely chopped)
- 0.50 tsp Spanish paprika
- 0.50 tsp Cumin
- 0.50 tsp Coriander
- 0.50 tsp Allspice
- 0.50 tsp Nutmeg
- 0.50 tsp Ginger
- 0.50 tsp Turmeric
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Salt
- 0.25 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Pomegranate syrup
- 1 tbsp Olive oil and a bit extra to lightly fry the rolls
Dipping sauce ingredients:
- Squeezed lemon
- Olive oil
To make the dipping sauce, simply squeeze lemon juice over the yoghurt, drizzle on some olive oil, grind a little salt and pepper onto the ingredients, mix a few times and serve.
Let's get cooking!
- Combine all spices, the garlic, salt and pomegranate syrup in a bowl.
- Massage thoroughly through the lamb mince to create the 'soujok' mixture.
- Spread a thin layer of 'soujok' onto each piece of Mountain Bread, ensuring the mixture covers the entire surface of the bread evenly, all the way to the edges.
- Roll the 'soujok' covered bread tightly. Put each roll in a sealed container immediately after rolling, so that the rolls don't dry out.
- Fry the rolls with olive oil in a frying pan, or on the barbecue, rotating each roll until golden brown.
- Cut each roll up into bite-sized piece and serve with lemon and the dipping sauce.
- Enjoy and share with loved ones! This dish is wonderful accompanied by our Lakey Farm Heathcote Grampians Verdelho Viognier.