Beef Stir-fry with Plum Sauce
Super quick and irresistibly tasty, this simple stir-fry is a no-fuss favourite. Crunchy green beans and broccoli contrast wonderfully against the sweet, succulent beef. Serve with fluffy white jasmine rice for a filling, well-balanced meal.
Time: 20 minutes
- 400g Lakey Farm beef rump steak, sliced into diagonal strips
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 red onion, cut into slender wedges
- 2 teaspoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 125g of green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 cup of plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- steamed Jasmine rice
- Trim rump steak, removing fat and connective tissue. Cut into strips, diagonally.
- Marinate rump steak in plum sauce and soy sauce for 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat up the olive oil in a wok over high heat. Brown meat in batches, for approximately 2 minutes per batch. Set the meat aside.
- Stir-fry the onion for 1 minute, then add broccoli and beans and stir-fry for another minute. Add 1 tablespoon of water, cover the wok for 2 minutes to steam.
- Return the beef to the wok with the vegetables. Toss together, heat through and serve with steamed Jasmine rice. Enjoy with a bottle of our "Wild" Pinot Noir or Lakey Farm Carmenere.