Spicy Nectarine and Vino Cotto Glazed Mutton Rack
This glaze was inspired by our bumper nectarine crop at Lakey Farm! We have a surplus of delicious nectarines this season and there are so many ways to incorporate them into cooking. Using this stonefruit in a beautiful, spicy and sweet glaze is one of the best ways to marry its mouthwatering flavours with succulent meat.
Our Spicy Nectarine glaze can be purchased at our farmers' markets, and its uses are only limited by your imagination. Try this delectable glaze on a flavoursome mutton rack using the recipe below.
You will need:
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp of salt
- 3 Tbspn of Lakey Farm Spicy Nectarine glaze
- 3 Tbspn Vino Cotto
- Ray-Monde Deux Ryeland Mutton Rack, 8 to 9 points
Follow a few simple steps below:
- In a bowl, combine two tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt, Lakey Farm Spicy Nectarine Glaze and the Vino Cotto. Rub all over the mutton rack and leave to marinate for two or three hours, or overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 140 °C.
- Place one tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil into a hot frying pan, add the mutton rack and cook for two minutes. Turn the mutton rack over, cooking for two minutes on each side.
- Remove the mutton rack and place on a flat roasting tray with any pan juices. Bake in your oven for 3 to 4 hours at 140 °C.
Serve with any of our delicious Lakey Farm wines and enjoy!!