Crab Apple & Sage Glaze Chuck Spare Ribs
This is one of those recipes that we just cannot get enough of, particularly during the colder months! The absolute definition of succulent, melt-in-your-mouth meat, one bite of this dish and you'll be smitten. Our sweet and sour Crab Apple & Sage glaze accentuates the beautiful flavour of the meat, and slow cooking the ribs elevates their texture to perfection.
- 1.5kg of Lakey Farm chuck spare ribs
- 200g of Lakey Farm Crab Apple & Sage Glaze
- 200ml of stock
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 130 degrees Celcius.
- Place the oil and stock in a dutch oven or casserole dish along with the ribs and cook for approximately 2 hours.
- Soften the glaze in the microwave and brush onto the ribs. Return to the oven and cook for another half hour. Do this 2 to 3 times over 1 to 2 hours.
- Cook the ribs in the oven until the meat starts to fall off the bone. If you find that the meat is browning too much, reduce the heat.
- Pour the reduced stock, meat juices, olive oil and glaze over cooked greens (we recommend bok choy or broccolini) and serve with your favourite Lakey Farm wine.